THIS IS A GLOBAL DAY OF ACTION. WE ARE A PEACEFUL MOVEMENT.
WE REPRESENT 99% of EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL PERSUASION.
We seek an end to the corporate stronghold over all governments. We seek an authentic democracy that represents the 99% majority - us.
We hold corporate entities responsible for their crimes against us and the Earth.
We are inspired by and stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters striving for liberty in North Africa and the Middle East, Europe and more recently, the United States.
• They orchestrated the Global Financial Crisis and are profiting from it (while people lose their jobs, face wage cuts, and lose their homes).
• They fund both sides of war and profit from it (while our brothers and sisters die).
• They destroy the Earth environmentally and profit from it.
• They control our media and the information we can access.
• They see YOU and I as mere masses to control, experiment on, refuse rights to, repress and thieve from.
This is about NOW and any chance of legitimate human liberty for our future in Australia and globally.
Occupy Wall Street:
WAYS TO HELP
1. Get down to the occupation site on the 15th October and peacefully participate.
The people of Sydney will be running a Speakers Forum, there will be General Assemblies based on the Occupy Wall St model, we will be running Workshops where we can have broad discussions on politics, education, equality, the environment, and other Working Groups that will facilitate media, logistics, food, equipment, etc.
2. Post any talents or interests you have that may be needed and of use.
3. Stay informed, find out what is happening through the websites listed above, locally through the array of pages on Twitter and Anonymous postings on YouTube such as this: http://www.youtube.com/wat
5. Do NOT depend on major media outlets. They’re already blocking us, presenting misinformation or not sharing information at all.
4. Just spreading the word helps. There has been a huge media blackout that others are just beginning to shine some light on.
5. Make and bring banners, flags, megaphones, musical instruments, blankets, tents, food, water, peace, love, an informed attitude, family and friends, work colleagues, sports teams, unions, church / synagogue / mosque / temple family, surf clubs, political party members, activist groups, charity organisations etc. Remain anonymous or be yourself.
WE ARE THE 99%. WE ARE YOU.
We acknowledge the Traditional indigenous Eora peoples' custodianship of the land upon which we now live and work – the place the world knows as Sydney – and the genocide perpetrated against that people by the colonists from whose occupation the current governments claimed right to govern descends. We also acknowledge that such #humanrights crimes of genocide continue to be committed against aboriginal peoples across Australia today- in particular the Northern Territory Intervention, a racist bilaterally supported denial of #humanrights and cultural genocide which continues today.
taken from Facebook page of Occupy Sydney We are You event