- Police knowingly issued orders which Occupy Sydney protesters could not comply with while ensuring the safety security of our posessions. Is it legal for police to issue directives with which people cannot reasonably comply, then act to enforce them?
- People have the right to act to protect property from a clear and imminent threat even when that threat is as a result of imminent actions by police. We believe that Occupy Sydney people arrested and charged including with incitement had the right to protect their property.
- Police enforcement of the City if Sydney camping regulations a pretext to deploy unreasonable force.
- NSW Police ignored Homeless Protocol to which they are signatory in evicting Occupy Sydney.Basic common law principle is that a law applying to any group applies to all/
- Police did not act on a single complaint including from Council or Banks.
NSW Police eviction of Occupy Sydney Protest amounts to draconian illegal and possibly corrupt use of Police powers.
What can we do??
- File a complaint with ICAC . Any legals wishing to discuss email email@example.com
- Look at other legal avenues to deal with police interference with peoples rights to protest.