Protest @ Immigration Minister Chris Bowen's Office; 1pm ...
- Occupy Sydney will ask the Immigration Minister to uphold Australia's Human Rights obligations by immediately terminating human rights violator Serco's Detention Centres contract.
- Occupy Sydney will call on the immigration minister to rein in the cost to taxpayers of detention centre operations and trauma to detainees by allowing detainees to live within the community while being processed.
- Occupy Sydney to call for refugees in detention to be freed worldwide.
Vigil & Assembly outside Villawood Detention Centre 6pm...
- Reiterate the calls made at Ministers office.
- Call for Serco detention centre contract to be immediately terminated.
- Let detainees know that we support them.
No Ferries 4 Serco action leaves Occupy Sydney Martin Pl @ 7pm for NSW Parliament & Circular Quay in peaceful protest :
- Opposing Fire Sale privatisation of public assets to Serco Veolia or any other bidder.
- Opposing creeping Serco contracting of State Services.
The Occupy Sydney #OccupySerco Team are planning 3 actions for March 9th in synchronocity with Occupy Perths call for international action against Transnational conglomerate Serco. UK based Serco is a specialist in under delivering on government service contracts and over delivering on cost.
You will be most familiar with Serco's activities in Australia from viewing the appalling Australian Immigration Detention Gulag -run by Serco.
But theres much more to Serco in Australia. They want to buy Sydney Ferries from an obliging government. They run 131500 Transport Info for Transport NSW and provide tech services to the RTA.